Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Spam Katsu

Well, I went on a crazy kitchen organizing mission today, and didn't think I was gonna feel like cooking anything, but I'd made Chicken Katsu last night and had some left over sauce and some brown rice, so I figured why not make Spam Katsu.  The recipe is in one of the Hawai'i's Spam Cookbooks, but I don't know at the moment if it's in the first or second...This may be one of my new favorite ways to eat spam though.




So first, you gotta slice the spam...



And then I coated the slices in flour, egg, and then panko

And fried em till they were all golden brown and crispy!
And this is my katsu sauce, I didn't use the sauce recipe out of the book, but one I'd found on hawaii.edu...It's A-1, ketchup, sugar, shoyu, and hot sauce.



And the finished product...It was ridiculously yummy.  I'll definitely be making this a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! That looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this tonight!!! Thank you for your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making this tonight!!! Thank you for your recipe.

    ReplyDelete