Monday, January 3, 2011

Spam & Ramen Rice

So tonight's dinner was Spam & Ramen Rice...the recipe was taken from Hawai'i's 2nd Spam Cookbook and while I didn't follow the recipe exactly (I have a horrible problem with following directions...), it came out pretty good.  I used nearly double, maybe even triple, the curry called for in the recipe (I also am terrible about measuring...but I regularly use way more curry than called for in recipes)   Marsh even liked it, and there was more than enough left over.




I started by dicing the spam up into little cubes

Mixed in with the rice, was mashed up ramen noodles. 

No really, it said to mash them up with a rolling pin or something in the book :)

So then I browned the diced spam

And made brown rice and added curry and cilantro, plus the seasoning from the ramen

and then mixed in raisins





And lastly, added the spam, to complete it.  

I think it's definitely something we'll eat again, and it was so easy and inexpensive too...next time perhaps not use quite as much curry, also I cooked the ramen, and the recipe originally called for them to be uncooked and crunchy mixed in, so maybe I'll try that next time.  It just seemed odd to have crunchy noodles in with soft rice.  I definitely liked this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment